Generations

Monday, September 26, 2011

2.6--Oslo in the Summertime

As usual, the Dennis Legacy begins with a birthday (which will happen next Chapter too, so get used to it if you haven't already). ; )

Also as usual, Mya is the one that initiates the candle blow-out. Olive and Feng attempted ONCE to bring Ada to the cake when she was a toddler, but Mya raced them to Mar and won.  Don't let her old age fool you; Mya is not afraid to use her cane to swipe people out of the way to get to her grandbaby first, especially on birthdays.  So Olive and Feng shrugged it off and chalked it up to another Dennis family tradition to allow Grandma Dennis the honor of the birthday sparkle initiation.  Plus, Feng wasn't sure his ego could take being bull-rushed by an old lady and losing again.

As soon as Harper aged up, Adamaris rushed to play with her little sister. She had been waiting impatiently to have a sibling to play with and since her parents only let her hold Harper occasionally when she was a baby, it just made her all the more excited when Harper was *finally* a toddler.

"I'm glad I can play with you now!" Adamaris said excitedly as she pulled Harper into a gentle hug. "Now I have someone to share secrets with and laugh at mom and dad with... well, I mean, when you learn how to talk and all."

Harper just stared at her sister silently, taking in the words that Adamaris was spewing out so quickly that they often sounded like gibberish.  It was pretty well-known within the Dennis family that Adamaris often rambled restlessly and incoherently when she was excited, so they would nod and pretend to listen.  Harper, on the other hand, was enthralled.  This was something new to her, someone *actually* talking to her and she tried her hardest to understand.

It wasn't long after Harper's birthday, that Olive received a call from Sybil letting her know that she was pregnant with their second child.

"Is your back supposed to hurt ALL.THE.DAMN.TIME? Seriously, I think I have arthritis.  Hayley tries to convince me that nothing is wrong, that she experienced the same with Michelle, but I don't believe her."

Olive laughed at her hypochondriac sister. "No... Lee is right. Nothing is wrong and back pain is completely normal."

"What if I'm not pregnant at all and it's a tumor? What if the doctor said I was pregnant just so he could watch it progress, because it's so rare and he wants to see what happens?  I could be part of a conspiracy Olive; a medical phenomena the likes of which no one has ever encountered."

Olive chuckled and shook her head slowly.  Sybil was still just as neurotic and insane as ever; how Lee managed it, she would never know.

This is what Sybil looks like on most days.  She seriously has a perpetual grimace whenever I see her lugging her pregnant belly around town.  Almost makes me feel bad forcing her to carry she and Hayley's second child... almost. >: )

Things went on as normal within the Dennis household.  Feng and Olive divided their time between work and the girls...


...and wisely spent whatever time they had left-over as "special adult alone time".
Watching questionable late-night cable apparently. 0.o


"Special" alone time, indeed. Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
I feel like such a perv. 

Olive and Feng were certainly not above pawning the girls onto their grandparents.  It's a good thing Mya and Robert didn't mind.  


"What exactly are you playing, dear?" asked Mya.


"I saw this movie on TV where this bus had a bomb, right... and this lady and man had to drive it fast enough to keep it from exploding; I'm pretending that I'm the lady and I'm saving all the passengers.  Wanna play?"


Robert laughed. "Trust me... you don't want grandma anywhere near an operating vehicle. Especially one that has a bomb attached to it."


Mya slapped his shoulder playfully. "Hey! I contested all those tickets and the court sided with me, remember? And sure Mar, I'll play."


Adamaris looked at her grandmother hesitantly. "Um... okay. But I'll drive grandma... just in case."


Robert laughed quietly to himself, catching Mya's intense stink eye that was reserved just for him.


>>Movie reference, in case it wasn't obvious.<< Super old school; and yes, I'm *still* referencing '90's movies.


A week after her Uncle Snuffle left for College, Adamaris had been hearing some rumors concerning her father. She wasn't sure she wanted to discuss it with her mother quite yet, so she called Corrigan; hoping to at least get some validation.


"Snuffle?" Adamaris asked hesitantly.


"Yeah? Are you okay Mar?"


She paused; not knowing how to continue her inquiry.


After the pause carried longer than they both antipicated, Corrigan asked again as gently as he could. "Mar, you know you can talk to me about anything. So, are you okay?"


"I know Feng's not my real dad..." she said in a flurry, "...I've always known, but some kids were talking at school and they all know who my real dad is and I don't.  Why don't I know and they do?"


Corrigan sighed. "Feng is your father, Adamaris.  He has always been there, and will always be there... he just isn't your biological father."


"Then who is?"


"That's something you need to ask your mother. That's... that's information that I think should be heard from her, not me Mar.  I'm sorry."


That night, Adamaris joined her mom and dad on the couch fully intending to ask the big question... the question that had been plaguing her longer than she'd like to admit.  As she let her thoughts roam, however, she began to believe the rumors that the kids were saying; that her mom was intentionally keeping her away from her true father.  And if that were the case why would she tell her, her father's identity now?


So she decided to do this on her own secretly. She was turning into a teen in a couple of days and she would have more resources at her fingertips then.


Olive noticed Adamaris sitting uneasily on the couch in silence. "Are you okay, sweetheart?"


Adamaris smiled bleakly. "I will be." 


------------------------------------------
This chapter was definitely a filler (and the shortest one I have written yet, I believe); I realized too late that I didn't get enough pictures of the original plot I had planned... Oh well.

I also couldn't think of a title, so I just named it after the song I was listening to while writing.

^^the video is fan-made, so ignore the weirdness... O_0


A Close-Up of Ms. Harper
She looks a bit wide-eyed and creepy here, but I promise she's cute.  I had to recreate her for the Harris blog so she looks a *little* different, but since you won't see her as a teen in this legacy before she leaves I suspect no one will notice... except now you will because I just mentioned it. *shrug*

So Mya and Robert will not effing kick the bucket; not that I necessarily *want* them to, it just amazes me since I didn't do much with them exercise-wise to make them last longer.  Mya is at 106 days (which seems to be capped for some reason; I check how old she is everyday, but it always says 106) and Robert is at 104 (I'm not sure how he caught up age-wise since he and Mya have always been six days apart).  

Sybil and Hayley had their first baby named Michelle (the one Hayley was pregnant with right after they moved out); this is what she looks like:
Michelle got Sybil's CC skin (found >>HERE<<), but everything else she got from Lee.  Normally I would refer you to the Family Tree, but I  have some MAYJAH spoilers going on in there, so DON'T.LOOK. Unless spoilers are your thing, then go on ahead. : )

--Feng is at level 4 of the Science Career (and has a kick-ass garden in the backyard) and Olive is still at level 2 of Athletic Trainer (mostly because I'm lazy).

I believe that is everything, so ONWARD!

4 comments:

  1. Haha Speed. I haven't thought about that movie in, umm, like 10 years. Lol. Now I want to see it again...

    OMG your writing gets funnier every single chapter! No joke! (Pun intended :D) I was cracking up at Mya and Robert... again. I hope they never die. Seriously. They are the best grandparents ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sybil is hilarious.
    I'm so looking forward to Harper's legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mya She's such a kick ass character. I'm happy Feng and Olive are happy together, and her children is absolutely adorable. Hope Mar-mar's quest doesn't end in heartache and disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I think I just turned lezbian for Syb lol.

    Poor Ada, I feel her pain. *snuggles*.

    And yeah I caught up on the WHOLE legacy in the last 2 days. :D eep

    ReplyDelete