Generations

Monday, August 29, 2011

2.2--A Wedding


Mya decides to start their first week in the new Dennis house with a bang.

As per her agreement, the kids threw her a small family gathering since Mya didn't care for everyone in Twinbrook to witness her turning into a "wrinkle infested old lady."

Despite obsessing over the fact that she was going to be an elder for the past week, Mya was quite happy to finally be on her way to retirement.  She was quickly losing patience with the children at the school and although she was revered within the Education Community as a fantastic teacher, it was clear that her career was taking a toll on her sanity.

Robert joked about it with her one night; "I thought you said you love kids?"

"Yeah... my own children.  It's other people's kids I can't stand."

"Then you entered the wrong career, babe." 

Mya laughed. "Tell me about it."

But that was all in Mya's past; now she could stay home, be lazy, and play with her grandchildren.  Who could ask for anything better?

That night, the Dennis clan all went to bed early as they had a wedding to plan and attend the next day.

As usual, Hayley and Sybil slept on the old mattress that Mya and Rob let them borrow; except this time it wasn't in a cramped kitchen, but in a spacious entryway.  

Now Sybil didn't have to worry about falling off and knocking something over, thus waking the whole family like she did the night they spent in their old house.  And Lee had been no help; she just laughed at Sybil as she attempted to hastily put everything back in its place and find the bed.  "It's like a Monty Python skit!" Hayley said.

Despite their "tumultuous" first week of engagement however, both the girls were happily dreaming of tomorrow. Sybil was excited to have Lee as her wife and Lee was equally excited to build a home and family with Sybil.
The Wedding Day...
Sybil and Hayley got up early to make sure that the venue was set up properly, while the rest of the family got ready.  They decided to go traditional and have their wedding at the local Chapel. <--I wish my computer's low graphics could properly do this lot justice.  It's absolutely brilliant.

Walking through the Chapel, Sybil couldn't believe that someone actually wanted to marry her.

"This has to be some weird cosmic joke.  I mean... I'm bat-shit insane at my worst and suffer mild neurotic attacks at my best.  Oh my-lanta! What have I convinced Lee into doing? What if I'm in a coma and this is all a dream?! WHAT IF I DON'T EXIST???!!!!!"

"Don't you think that is jumping the gun there, babe?  Usually it takes you contemplating the universe to jumping straight to the 'coma' theory.  You skipped quite a few fears in between 'I can't believe I'm getting married' and 'I must not exist.'" Hayley said, interrupting Sybil's almost full-blown panic attack.  She had seen enough of these over the years to know that simply circumventing Sybil's thinking process tends to make it stop.

"It must be the adrenaline." Sybil offered sheepishly.

"Well let me say this then.  This isn't some fluke.  I love you and you love me and we're tying the knot as a symbol of that... nothing more, nothing less.  Besides, I'm pretty sure it was me that convinced you that we should get married.  You just beat me to the proposal."

Sybil laughed. "I think you have your facts mixed up.  I definitely came up with the marriage idea." Sybil saw that Hayley was about to retort, and quickly added, "...but let's just agree to disagree.  I don't want to start our new life with a fight."

"Oh no! You aren't getting away with this that easy.  I'll let you stop this now, but I fully intend to win this fight after the marriage."
"That's the spirit! Now I know you are a Dennis.  'Don't fight unless you intend to win' is pretty much our family's motto."

"I gathered as much." Hayley said, chuckling.  "But I'm not a Dennis yet."

"Well, you will be in an hour.  Are you sure you want to do this?  You've seen my family and you know how crazy I can get, I don't want..."

Hayley pulled her into a hug. "I want this Syb.  There's nothing more in the world that I want.  I promise. Now stop trying to talk me out of it and go finish getting ready!"

"Well all right then Mrs. Dennis." If Sybil was somehow unconvinced of Hayley fitting in with the Dennis clan before, her opinion had been thoroughly reversed.
Minutes before their wedding, the girls retreated again to the dressing rooms in order to let their guests be seated.

While Sybil was trying to calm herself down again, Hayley was inspecting her figure. 

"I swear I'm getting fatter." Hayley thought to herself. "I thought the 'letting go' process started after you were married, not before?!"

Before Hayley could finish that thought, the wedding bells chimed and it was time for her to officially join the Dennis family.

"Because this ring is perfectly symmetrical, it signifies the perfection of true love. As I place it on your finger, I give you all that I am and ever hope to be."

"Because this ring has no end or beginning, it signifies the continuation of true love. As I place it on your finger, I give you all that I am and ever hope to be."

And just like that, Hayley Cornett was now Hayley Dennis... and tied to possibly the craziest woman in Twinbrook.  But, as she said, she wanted this and she wanted her, so Hayley's wish had been fulfilled.

"So... how does it feel to be my wife?" Hayley asked.

"I won't be able to accurately answer that until tonight." Sybil answered with a suggestive grin.

Sybil laughed when she saw the shocked look on Hayley's face. "What? Olive's lechery was bound to rub off on me over the years."

Hayley smiled. "I like it."

Reception Montage....
*cue sappy 90's love song*
  
Aaaaand just for funsies...
^^... Adamaris sat out the entire procession on the dance floor.  She is quite the little raver.  

The Next Day...
The night before, Hayley had confessed to Sybil that she was carrying their first child from the one night they were able to sneak a quickie while the family was out during their engagement.  Sybil was ecstatic, albeit very scared, to be a mother; but Hayley reassured her that they would get through it.

They had planned to move out the day after the wedding to a nice, little house a few miles away (thanks cali!); so they decided to leak the news before they left.
Mya had absolutely no qualms accosting her new daughter-in-law. "You see this wallet? It's basically empty except for two pictures of Adamaris.  I want enough grand-babies to fill this wallet. Understood?"

Hayley laughed while saluting Mya in a mock gesture of consent. "Understood Captain."

Olive, on the other hand, although extremely happy to hear the news was at the same time sad to her sister(s) go.  After all, she, Sybil, and Hayley had gone through a lot over the years and now they would be journeying off without her.

"I'm going to miss you guys, Syb." 

"Honestly, Olive! You talk as if we are moving to Shang Simla!"

Olive laughed. "I know.  It's just... I'm used to having you and Hayley close when I needed to talk. And vent. And make fun of mom when she does something ridiculous."

"We'll be just a phone call away, Ollie.  And I promise that we'll still be there to laugh at mom."

"You know I can hear you two, right?" Mya scoffed.

"Love you mom!" Sybil and Olive said unanimously.

Robert chuckled. "Nice recovery."

And with that, Sybil made the final call to the real estate agent, said goodbye to her family, and then left with her spouse to start their new life.

Olive missed them already.

Later that afternoon while Mya and Robert watched Adamaris, Olive drove to meet with her very first client as an Athletic Trainer.  His name was Feng Cho; he sounded nice over the phone, which helped with any fears she had over getting a bitchy client her first day on the job.

"You're my trainer?" Was the very first thing that came out of his mouth.

"Don't let my spaghetti arms fool you.  I'm as strong as an Ox, not to mention being the reigning Track and Field Champion for three years straight."

Feng laughed nervously. "No.  I meant... you're really attractive and I'm a little embarrassed of how out of shape I am.  You sounded beautiful over the phone, but I was kind of hoping it was false advertisement."

Olive laughed. "That's the whole point of this, isn't it? I help you get back into shape and then you can catch all the ladies in Twinbrook."

"Would I be able to catch you?"

It had been a while since any man had flirted with Olive (or Olive had actually put herself out there to be flirted with) and she wasn't quite sure how to respond.

Seeing that he had made Olive flustered, Feng quickly attempted to recover. "I apologize if I made you uncomfortable.  Can we just pretend that never happened?"

Olive smiled. "It's not that you made me uncomfortable.  I just come with insurmountable baggage.  Or in other words, I have a daughter."

"Oh." Was all the answer Feng gave. 

Well at least I know what his response would have been had I let this go a little further. Olive thought to herself.

"Let's just go inside, okay?  And make you all muscular and such." Olive hoped that jumping right into his training would break the awkwardness that was now stewing between them. She couldn't afford to lose a client.  Especially her first client.

Despite Feng's protestations of being out of shape, he was already quite healthy; which in turn, made Olive's job a bit easier.

But that didn't stop her from pushing Feng as far as she possibly could.  At least she knew she had job where she could vent her frustrations without seriously offending anyone.

After their training session and Feng had paid Olive, he decided this would be the best time to resume their conversation.

"So... I had a moment of clarity while you were yelling at me."

Olive laughed. "I may have overdone the yelling part."

"'May' is probably an understatement.  But that's not what I want to talk about."

"Well, what do you want to talk about?"

"Your daughter and how I don't care that you already have a child.  Hell, I love kids... I was just taken a little aback by the news."

"Wait... what are you saying exactly?"

Feng brushed the back of his neck nervously. "What I'm saying... well what I'm asking is... would you be interested in going on a date with me?"

"I, uh. Are you sure? I mean, I would love to, but... it has been a while, since High School actually, that I ever considered 'dating' someone."
"So... that's a yes, then?" Feng was obviously not giving up on this.

"Yes." Olive answered.

"Great! How is tomorrow night for you?"

"Tomorrow night is perfect, actually."

"Good.  I'll come by your house to get you around six.  Oh... and bring your daughter."

Olive smiled.  I guess dad was right about people surprising you sometimes.

When Olive returned home, she immediately greeted her mother with the news.

"Looks like me and Mar have a date tomorrow."

"With whom? And why are you taking Adamaris?" Mya asked cautiously.

"With my client.  He's really nice, mom.  Nothing like 'he who shall not be named.' And because he wants to meet her."

Mya smiled. "Well, I'm glad you are putting yourself out there Olive.  I was starting to worry about you."

"Nah.  I just needed... uh, a few years... to get myself back on track. Although I will admit that I'm really nervous to even be considering this."

"Being nervous is natural Ollie.  Closing yourself to the possibilities, however, is not.  I'm really proud of you.  And if this doesn't work out, well there are always other chances."

After putting Adamaris to sleep and crawling into bed herself, Olive pondered her mother's words.  Mya was right; she had closed herself off from finding love, but now that she was opening her heart to possibly allow another... she couldn't help but wonder if she was making the right decision.
--------------------------------------------
Next Chapter will be the debut of the beautiful house that calisims made for Syb and Lee.  I'm so excited to show it off. Thanks cali!!


If you noticed that Corrigan was suspiciously missing, that is because he was.  I forgot to ex-nay his going to prom that night... but since he was having such a good time there, I decided not to spoil it.  Oh well.  Just use your imagination and pretend he was there. : )

Anyway... here is a close-up of Elder Mya:
The game gave her some crazy hair so I had to fix it (gray with red streaks? Wut.), but overall I think she aged up pretty gracefully. : )


In case anyone is interested, the Chapel I used is from Awesims and it was originally built for Queenstown.  It is absolutely gorgeous! I would definitely recommend downloading it if you are into the architecture.  
Here is the >>LINK<< 

2 comments:

  1. What a nice wedding!
    And Feng Cho is cute!
    I came by to look at Robert and Mya in the early chapters, because I'm adding clones of them to Brooklyn Heights for my new legacy, and wanted to get some ideas for how to dress them, and I got distracted by your update, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Can't wait to see them milling around your town. lol. Dress them however you wish. :) I'll just be happy to see someone experimenting with them as I love them that much.

    And thanks about Feng! I loved him in my last legacy so I thought, why not try to re-create what I had.

    ReplyDelete