Generations

Monday, August 1, 2011

1.6--Sybil

Things were progressing normally.  Olive was growing...

 ... and learning....

 ... and proving her nickname,"the little monster," to be more accurate than her parents were expecting.

But Mya and Robert, during a lengthy conversation after Olive's birthday, were holding on to hope that they could pile enough money together to be able to adopt their second child.

"With my next paycheck, we will have five-thousand in the bank.  That should be enough to get all the necessary supplies, expand Olive's room, and pay the adoption agency..." Mya began.

"But that won't cover our rent and food as well..." Robert interjected. "I could sell my computer, but I need that for work.  Maybe we should wait until we have ten-thousand."
"Ten-thousand! It took us two weeks to get just two thousand extra in the bank... and that was with my recent raise, which I doubt I'll see another one unless I'm promoted."

Robert could see Mya was flustered.  He didn't want to wait to adopt anymore than she did, but they were struggling as it is with one child... he was afraid of the financial troubles they would experience introducing another child too early.

"Calm down, babe." Robert whispered as he pulled Mya into a hug. "We will find a way."

"It's just... I've been in the system... I've lived it.  I don't want another child to suffer and feel unloved like I did.  And now that we've talked about it, I can't get it out of my head."

"All right.  Give me two more weeks.  I'll take a couple extra jobs and do some computer work and hopefully that will boost us at least another thousand so we have a safety cushion in case something happens."

Mya shook her head.  "I don't want you spreading yourself too thin.  Maybe I can work some extra hours at the school... they have a daycare there, so Olive will be watched and I can spend time with her during my off-hours."

Robert smiled. Mya could be so stubborn and worrisome. "It's for our future child.  I don't mind working the extra hours, Mya.  Plus, perhaps this will warrant another promotion... Licensed Snoop, here I come!"

"Hey! I'm supposed to make a joke out of everything, remember? Don't go reversing our roles!" Mya teased.

"I'm not joking.  That is really the name of my next position if I get the promotion."

"Who comes up with these?!"

Robert smirked. "So, are you okay with waiting two more weeks?"

"I guess I have to be." Mya couldn't hide her disappointment.  She wanted to get her new daughter now, but she also wanted to provide a comfortable living for both of her children... so waiting it had to be.  "And thank you, Rob... for putting up with me."

"There's no one I would rather endure."

Mya laughed. "Thanks... love you too."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~Two Weeks Later...~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert took those extra couple of jobs as promised.  They were investigations that he had been hesitant to take on, but he was now willing to brave in order to raise enough funds.  One particular investigation involved helping with a recent gnome disappearance and left Robert wondering if Twinbrook residents were just stringing him along as some public, cosmic joke.  "Do they really need a certified Private Investigator to look for lawn decorations?"

Also as promised, Robert managed to raise money toward their adoption fund while also getting a promotion in the process.

After finally making the call... it was just a matter of waiting.

And then...
...the agency finally dropped their new daughter off.

"What should we name her?" Robert asked after allowing their new daughter to settle in for a couple of hours.

Without skipping a beat, Mya answered "Sybil."

"Your middle name?"

"And my mothers.  Olive and any other future children we have will be linked to me and my side biologically.  That is something special reserved just for them.  I want to give her something special too... the only thing that I can offer her and the one thing that I cherish most from my mother, a shared name."

Robert couldn't help, but admire both Mya's vulnerability and strength. This was her way of letting go, while also keeping something special from her mother alive... and he wanted to share that with his daughter as well.

"Sybil it is." Robert said as he stroked Mya's cheek.

"Sybil Dennis.  Our newest addition."


---------------------------------------------
Well, their mixed couple requirement is officially fulfilled. :)

A close-up of Sybil (read Chapter 5 for identical ramble concerning CAS screen):
She is remarkably cute.  I usually get fug orphans, so I'm really happy with Sybil.  Twallan's MC (I think) gave her my favorite non-default skin by Miss Skitty/Papercat, which you can get by clicking---> HERE

Also, because someone PM'd me while back asking what default eyes I use, here is the link (MTS) ----> CLICKY!

I rolled for Generation Three (got too excited again!), and got couple... again. Oh well.


Anywho, not much else in the way of updates.  So onwards, I say!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I *love* your whole take on adoption. It's very cool. And Sybil is a pretty name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Red. And that is super sweet about Mya giving her child her mother's name. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys/gals! This chapter was a bit difficult plot-wise as I wasn't sure how to appropriately broach the subject. It works for sims... lol. That's enough I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a cutie! :) I like that Sybil is a toddler too, so now Sybil and Olive can grow up together!

    ReplyDelete