Generations

Monday, August 22, 2011

1.14--Being Grounded is Such a Drag!

"What were you girls thinking?!" Mya yelled.

"Who was taking care of Corri during this party?" Robert interjected.

Olive looked to her sister for help, but she looked just as helpless as she felt. This definitely was not going well. "We took turns watching him. He was well taken care of, I promise!"

"That doesn't matter! We trusted you girls and you throwing a party while your infant brother is basically left to fend for himself is absolutely out of the question. You're both grounded!"

"Until when?" Sybil asked.

"Until we say so." Mya finished.

"Look..." Robert added, giving Mya some time to gain composure. "...what you two did was unacceptable.  I don't care if there was no drinking, or the house was cleaned up afterward, or whatever other excuse you two are cooking up... you were responsible for a child. God forbid something had happened to him while you two were occupied."

"Me and your father don't want to be the bad guys here, but you have to understand where we are coming from."

Olive and Sybil nodded, both of them feeling extremely guilty for not watching Corrigan as closely as they should have.

Mya sighed. The girls were clearly remorseful. "Since this a first time offense, technically," Mya smirked as she glanced at Olive, "I'd be willing to cap your grounding at a week as long as your father agrees."

Robert smiled. "That seems fair to me.  If you do this again though, your mother and I will not be as lenient."

"Duly noted." Olive said as she glanced at her sister.  They were both aware that they just caught a break and it was best not to mess it up.

Amongst the tumult, Corrigan aged up.  This would mark the second birthday that he was overlooked.

Feeling bad, Mya promised to throw him a birthday party the next day. Despite having just been grounded, Olive was extremely excited.

"I'm really sorry Sybil." Olive said as soon as they entered their room.

"Why?"

"I convinced you to throw the damn party with me, even after you expressed concerns about getting caught."

Sybil laughed. "Olive, I wanted to throw the party too.  Plus, it was worth it."

"Oh?"

"I told Lee that I like her?"

"And?!" Olive couldn't contain her excitement.

"She likes me too."

"Are you guys official... I mean, are you girlfriends?"

Sybil nodded.

"Congratulations Syb!"

"What about you and Randy? We didn't get a good chance to talk after the party what with the cleaning and making sure Snuffle was taken care of."

Olive sighed. "I don't know.  He skipped out pretty early, but he left a nice note.  He said to call him so we could talk, but I haven't yet."

"Skipped out early? Did you...?!"

"Yes." Olive answered. "But I don't really want to talk about it. Let's go to bed."

Sybil pulled her into a hug. "You're okay, right? You can at least tell me that."

"I'm fine." Olive smiled. "I just... feel weird. I don't know how to explain it."

"Well when you can, I'm here."

"I know."


The Next Morning...
Olive and Sybil were woken up early to get the house all cleaned up before Corrigan's party.

Both Olive and Sybil weren't particularly happy about it.

Especially since one of them had been feeling ill all day.

"It has to be that shitty pizza we ordered last night." Olive thought.
As soon as the house was in order, the Dennis clan arranged Corrigan's birthday party at the local community pool.

Sybil apparently thought this was a prime fishing spot.

"Syb!" Mya yelled. "Honey, this is a pool not a pond. I would much prefer not to get a phone call from an enraged parent because their child has a hook through their lip."

Olive coaxed her brother into an underwater breath contest.

She won and Corrigan wasn't too happy about it.  He splashed Olive in retaliation.

"Stop it, you little squirt! Or else I'll tell everyone your family nickname." Olive hollered.

Robert, swimming nearby, budded in. "Will you two behave yourselves?! Olive, you're supposed to be the example here."

"Yeah!" Corrigan replied, sticking his tongue out at Olive.

Olive laughed. "Since when do you trust me to be an example dad?"

"Good point."

Sybil kept things distant between her and Lee since she hadn't come out to her parents yet.

Hayley understood and didn't push her. "You do have to tell them sometime you know? I mean, it's bound to get back to them at some point and it would be better coming from you than a stranger."

Sybil sighed. "I know. I just... want to find the right time.  I mean, it will be one thing to tell them I'm gay, but to also add that I've already got a girlfriend.  Although it does help that it's you.  My parents love you almost as much as I do." 

Hayley laughed. "I told Olive that sucking up has its advantages."

Snuffle decided to end the party by telling a ghost story to his guests...

...one which Mya was not too fond of.

As soon as everyone returned home, Mya and Robert decided to give back phone privileges to the girls.

Since she had yet to call Randy, Olive thought this was the perfect opportunity.  As she thought, he asked her to be his girlfriend and she readily agreed.

But it was his second request that required Olive to be elsewhere.

So while Mya and Robert had retired to their room to discuss the girls' recent secretive behavior...




...Olive decided to break the rules again and sneak out to see Randy.

"Is anyone covering for you?" Randy asked.

"No. I didn't want to pull Sybil into another one of my bad ideas... although I think she has probably caught on at this point that I'm not home." 

"Then let's make this count." Randy said as he pulled her into a hug; and as Olive let his embrace overtake her... she didn't care about the consequences she might face tomorrow. 

------------------------------------------
I accidentally left the pictures of Corrigan as a child up last chapter (as I was *supposed* to show him aging up, but decided to cut it short), so anyone who saw last chapter before I fixed it got a nice little spoiler. lol.


For everyone else, here are the close-up's.

Corrigan (aka Snuffle, Cor-Bear, Corri)
His traits are Genius, Insane, Virtuoso.  He looks strikingly similar to Papa Dennis... but everything could go downhill when he is a teen.

An Accidental Pic Turned Adorable
This is seriously the cutest picture I have ever accidentally taken of a sim.  Why you so adorable Corrigan?!

Cece gave a good guess where this is going (not that it wasn't a bit obvious LOL)... Olive caught the pregnant... but she isn't entirely aware yet. Well, now that the drama is in motion... let's move on shall we? :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't get over how CUTE Snuffle is! Even my mom the sims hater had to go "Aaaw".

    Good news Syb, I have personal knowledge that parents tend to be more horrified by a teen pregnancy then a lesbian daughter. So calm down! Olive.. yeah sorry hun, you're screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So true... I'm actually basing Sybil's story on my own coming out tale. My teenage cousin announced she was pregnant about a week after I told my mom I was bi, so the shock of my news wore off pretty fast.

    I love Snuffle so much. I'm really sad that I don't get to integrate him a bit more. He's a really cute teenager too, as you'll soon see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that deleted comment! I really need to check who i'm logged in with!
    Awww Corrigan is so cute, why do his birthdays always get missed?
    I wish i could take an accidental picture that looked like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem. I took care of it for you so no one has to know (except they will because you allude to it in your comment). LOL.

    That picture is honestly one of the best I've ever taken. I just happened to pause at the right moment. Took FOREVER for me to get my camera at the right angle though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Robert and Mya are going to have a lot to deal with with Olive.
    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PerhapS I haven't been playing the Sims to its fullest potential in all these years, but how do you get all those marvellous poses? Those girls in bed!

    And I love the family dynamics you describe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that last picture is so cute. <3

    I find it funny that 2 out of 3 children are insane, lol. Not sure why, but I find it amusing.

    Oh, Olive...I don't think it's the pizza.

    ReplyDelete